Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Business anxiety

Tonight's topic is business. Specifically mine. Having a home based business is a pleasure and a pain. It is a pleasure to share my passion with others. It is a pleasure when those others begin to understand and embrace the message. It is an even bigger pleasure when I see their creative, completed albums. The pain is finding those others to share my passion with. The pain is that I hate to call up people and basically beg them to schedule events. I need paying, consistent customers. Finding them is the problem. I am basically a shy person by nature but I am good at selling the idea of the importance of memory preservation. Our mission of preserving the past, enriching the present and inspiring hope for the future is an important one. It needs to be shared. Our products are good and will preserve those important and irreplacable memories in a way that no other products on the market can. Our company makes sure that statement is true by testing other companies products as well as our own. So these products should sell themselves right? Sure that is true, to the right clients. My issue is finding the right clients. How does one find the clients as a stay at home mom? I know, I know, the store, the post office, the whereever I happen to be and meet up with people. The problem? Refer to the statement about me being shy posted above. That is the long and the short of the issue and one I have yet to find an appropriate, working solution to. I have a goal of having 50 new customers by the end of 2007. It is almost a month into the year and I have only one new customer and she won't be a repeat one I am sure. What to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment