Thursday, February 1, 2007

What is beautiful?

Last week on Scrapshare (a fun and helpful scrapbooking site) the blog challenge was to look up the word "beautiful" and then apply it to our lives. According to Dictionary.com beautiful is defined as:


1. having beauty; having qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind: a beautiful dress; a beautiful speech.
2. excellent of its kind: a beautiful putt on the seventh hole; The chef served us a beautiful roast of beef.
3. wonderful; very pleasing or satisfying.

So what is beautiful to me? Beautiful is the smile on my daughter's face when she makes a basket in her game, the first one of the season. She loves the game but struggles to keep up with the others at times so it was a great moment for her. Beautiful is a completed scrapbook. Even when it is just a volume of an ongoing project, it is a major accomplishment that will be treasured in the future. Each of my children have a scrapbook. The two older kids have two books so far. My son, at 2.5 years old, only has one and really I have only gotten the first 6 months of his life done but it is started and when it is done, I will cherish it. I hope he will as well. Beautiful is a quiet evening spent with my husband even if all we do is watch our favorite TV shows or lose ourselves in our own private quiet.

So what is beautiful to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment