Thursday, June 21, 2007

Parenting

I apparently suck at it.

I just don't do it right. My kids argue, they refuse to cooperate, they openly defy me, they fight with each other and me in public, and I cannot reason with them at all. I admit I have a volitale personality and I tend to go from 0 to screaming in about 1 second flat but I swear they not only know the correct button to PUSH, they are sitting on it. I have 3 kids. I want them to be productive, helpful, happy, content, accomplished kids now and responsible, productive, happy adults. At this rate one of us is not even to going to live to see that adulthood. I feel awful when I blow up at them. I find it very difficult to reason with them when all they do is tune me out and ignore EVERY blasted thing I say.

I am constantly comparing myself to other parents I know. Their children are always polite. Their children help each other and do not fight with each other in public. How do other parents do THAT.

I am thinking my attitude is not helped by the fact that I have been burning both ends towards the middle with running said kids hither and yon, no one is getting to bed at a reasonable time, we are all tired and I am sick. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some miracle suprise like completely compliant and helpful children, a clear calendar, an unstuffy nose, no cough and the strawberry jam already made and in the freezer. Yeah, I don't think it will happen either.

No comments:

Post a Comment