Monday, February 1, 2010

New month

It is a new month. Where did January go?

So with the beginning of a new month upon us, it is time to reassess the goals I set out for myself for 2010.

Recap from last month:
Eating better ~ Plan meals for each week including using one new healthy recipe each week.
Exercise ~ WiiFit or WiiFitPlus 3 mornings each week, walk either on treadmill or outside 2 mornings/afternoons each week.
Increase daily water intake from nothing (now) to at least 32 ounces by the end of the month.

Financial ~ Read Dave Ramsey's TMM book when it arrives from Angie. Run analysis in Quicken and begin budget in Excel.

Family ~ January 4 - 9 ~ Find and reread Love and Logic. Encourage the use of quiet voices in the house.

House ~ Make list of cleaning goals, get caught up on Flylady emails and stay current with them, read up on the Organized Home website and work on a plan. Get and stay caught up with dishes and keep kitchen table cleared off daily.

Fun time ~ Go back and do all the 12 of 12 layouts for last year. Make the snowman earrings that are still on project list from last year. Scrapbook Christmas. Print school pictures and send out to family.

Blog about progress at least 3 days each week. Blog about one to two good things each day.



As I look back over the month I have achieved some good things and fell down on several others. I increased the amount of time I spent exercising in the first three weeks of the month but fell down a bit this last week. The sore toe that I am nursing is part of that but the other part is sheer lack of desire. As for cooking more healthy meals, I have tried but have not been as successful as I had hoped to be. This will continue to be a work in progress. I am always on the lookout for recipes that will work with my family's particular set of weird food likes/dislikes and allergies/sensitivities while still being healthy and tasting good. I have done a much better job with water intake and will continue to work on that as well.

On the financial front, we are making some positive steps in getting rid of some credit card debit and getting the budget under control. However, there are still plenty of steps to take. I have had a really hard time getting an accurate budget set up. I did receive a copy of TMM from a friend but have not had an easy time getting started reading it. That is a goal for the first half of this month, read the book!!

The rest of the goals are a work in progress. Some days are better than others in regards to the dishes. It depends some on the girls' and their schedules. Mondays are the hardest. I have done a good job of keeping up with the laundry but many other tasks continue to make me want to just go take a nap.

All in all I have made some progress but not as much as I would like. It is easy to lose sight of the big picture on a day to day basis. I will continue to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment