Sunday, January 31, 2010

Movie Weekend

I must preface this with the fact that I am not a movie watcher. We rarely rent, go to or buy movies other than Thomas the Tank Engine.

But this weekend there was just not much to do. Oh there were plenty of tasks that we could have done but none that were so pressing that I felt the need to actually do them. After Emily's basketball game on Saturday morning, Matt took David and went to meet with some "truck people". Yeah, I don't get it either but I doubt he gets my meeting up with scrapbooking friends.

Anyhow, it was just the girls and I so we had to amuse ourselves somehow. Working on projects and cleaning held no appeal so after a trip to Wal-Mart for some essentials, we decided to make a stop at Blockbuster to rent some movies. We wandered about a bit deciding what to get and came out of the store with Fame, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, The Proposal and Julie and Julia.

Fame was full of music from my past. Jessie and I enjoyed it but Emily quickly grew bored and went to play the Wii game we also rented.

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past was funny but pretty predictable. Part of it was probably not appropriate for the girls but they are good about knowing when to hide their eyes and cover their ears.

The Proposal and Julie and Julia were funny and had us laughing out loud all afternoon.

While we don't do movie weekends often, this weekend it seemed to be just the thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment