Friday, January 22, 2010

Creative Moments

I have been having a spurt of creativity recently. This happens sometimes. I just have moments when I have to create something. In this case, this spurt was triggered by the need to have some things to donate to a couple of fundraising auctions. I like to donate things that I have or make rather than going out and begging businesses to donate.

These jewelry pieces were made for the auction to benefit the 4-H club's Relay for Life team. It is really amazing to see how the kids have taken ownership of this great cause and put out a lot of effort for it. Last year our team raised the most money out of all the youth teams in the county. That is exciting. Our biggest fundraiser for the team is a spaghetti feed and silent auction. This year's event was last weekend. We earned over $1200 for Relay. We donated several things to the auction but I am most happy with these two pieces of jewelry.



This piece is made from findings in a set of earring findings that I picked up at Wal-mart. The little hearts and silver beads are also from Wal-mart. The blue and white beads were from my stash at home. I was really happy with how these turned out and they only took a few minutes to put together.



This piece, though hard to see in the photo, is a set of earrings and a necklace. All the glass beads, metal beads and medallion came from Wal-mart. Again, I was very pleased with how this turned out and it really took only a small amount of time to put together.

Next up I am working on some knitting. I am really happy to be creating again. I have been in a down period for a while and it is great to be coming out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment