Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Waiting, waiting and more waiting!!!!

I am not a patient person. I like instant gratification in most things. It drives me crazy when my DH teases me with cryptic comments about gifts while they sit waiting to be opened. Perhaps that is why my children, particularly my middle DD, have such a low tolerance for waiting.

Now we are waiting for something really, really exciting. My SIL is in the early stages of labor and my nephew is going to be arriving sometime soon. The problem? SIL and BIL live in Seattle and we live 5 hours away and I have NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!! Nobody bothers to call or update us on a regular basis. DH only found out that things were starting to happen because he tracked down his parents to wish them a Happy Easter. We got a cryptic update at 4:00 yesterday afternoon via email saying that SIL and BIL were going to triage at the hospital to be checked out and then.....nothing. No message that they came back home, stayed to be observed, that she is or is not in active labor, etc. I am going just a bit stir crazy here. Like I said, I am instant gratification kind of gal. I know that babies arrive in their own sweet time, heck I have 3 myself and one was 2 weeks late! All I am asking for is a bit of information. I guess all we can do is wait, wait and wait some more cause I am not driving 5 hours to get information particularly since I would NOT be welcome. Oh yeah, did I mention that I don't think SIL would appreciate my worry and concern?

Off to knit and worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment