Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Between a rock and a hard place

I am so frustrated right now. We have been planning for about a year now to go to Alaska with my parents this summer. We were going to take our camper and they were going to take their travel trailer. My mom has wanted to make a trip like this for literally YEARS. My dad's health is not great and I don't know how long he will be able to make a trip like this. My daughter and I have made decisions for her 4-H projects based on the fact that we thought we were going to be gone for the entire month of July.

Now just a week ago with no prior discussion, my DH announces that we are not going. Says that we can't afford it. He sold some stock late last year and put that money in savings to supposedly help pay for the trip. Now he tells me that it is not enough. BUT he has not discussed any of this with my mother. I feel that if he is going to make this decision unilaterally that he should be the one to explain it. Of course he blames the money problems all on me. I spend all the money or so he says. As I said, I am so very frustrated. I want to go on this trip. I want my parents to be able to go on this trip. I am angry at my DH for not even opening a discussion about this at all. He just announced this decision when my DD asked him a question about when we will be getting back from our trip. At the very least I think this warranted a discussion between the two of us before he announced it to the kids.

Okay, vent over. Time to go pour over the finances again.

No comments:

Post a Comment