Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Exhausted but triumphant

I am exhausted. I did the majority of the cooking, i.e. work, for today and we were up until 3:30 a.m. wrapping and cleaning. So yeah, I am exhausted. But the kids had a great day. I think all of them got what they wanted. I know my oldest DD did. It was a pleasant day with snow falling outside (though not much stuck). The downside was my mom came down with whatever has gone through my family and DH is still sick so I ended up doing most of the cooking and cleaning up. Due to the weather, my parents and friends headed out earlier than planned so some of our Christmas traditions fell by the wayside like playing card games and just hanging out after dinner.

Now it is on to the next thing and we put Christmas to rest for another year. It was a fun day filled with family, friends, gifts and traditions. That is what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment