Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day

The end of a week of frigid weather (at least by our standards) resulted in enough snow to cancel school. Here we only ended up with about an inch but Mom and Dad who live down in the southeast valley ended up with over 6 inches of snow. It is really unusual for them. I remember lamenting as a kid that we lived in the "banana belt". When every town around had snow our little area would get nothing. Where we live now, we are usually the ones with snow when no one else has any.

Anyhow, we have had 3 days where school has been canceled due to weather but this is the first time that there was enough snow to play in. The kids got out and played. The sun is melting it pretty fast so there was not a lot of time. They threw a few snowballs and built a snowperson. Most importantly I was able to get my yearly snow pictures. We usually get one really measurable snowfall a year and so I have to get my yearly pictures for the layout. I have seen some really cute layout ideas this year. I will have to get my pictures downloaded off the camera and printed so I can play.

No comments:

Post a Comment