Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nearly a whole month

It has been nearly a whole month since I posted here. Someone at Scrapshare posted to give us bloggers that haven't updated recently a kick in the keester. Somehow the time slips by and I don't realize how long it goes between posts. So what should one talk about daily? As I understand it, that is the goal, to post daily.

Stay tuned for this month's installment of the 12 of 12 challenge coming soon.

In the meantime, let me tell you about all the fabulousness that has been going on around here in the last month.

The most exciting thing was sitting in Reser Stadium on the campus of Oregon State University while history was being made. My beloved Beavers took on the giants of the University of Southern California and pulled off the unbelievable. Taking down the #1 team in the nation was amazing. The excitement was palpable. Unfortunately, the only pictures I have are from my cell phone camera and frankly leave a lot to be desired but oh the memories!! I also got to go to the OSU/WSU game where we came out on top. Currently we are 3-3 on the season.

I was also devoting a great deal of time to a grass roots organization trying to help solve the funding crisis facing our Extension Office. Our immediate needs are met through a last minute reprieve from the Feds with the renewal of the Federal Timber payments but our work is not done. In four years we will be without funding again unless something is put in place before then. That is the next goal and it will be a long one but for now we can breathe a little easier. Hopefully it will also mean fewer meetings for a while. And in the meantime, it is time to fill out all those 4-H forms for a new year. Woohoo!!

The last major occurrence was the successful running of the annual jog-a-thon for the girls' school. It was a major success. We brought in a record amount of money that will go to paying for lots of fabulous field trips for the kids.

I have also been spending a lot of time digging around different blogs and websites looking for all the perfect digital scrapbooking elements that might be out there. I miss my paper scrapbooking but am finding digital to be so much cleaner. There is so much neat stuff out there and I am having a lot of fun looking at lots of layouts and ideas.

Oh and then there are the kittens........ but they deserve their own post. I will get to that. I promise.

So that is what, in a nutshell, has been happening in my little corner of the world. I promise to try to not be away so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment