Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Control

I have decided that it is time to take back control.

Of my house that is.

I am sick and tired of living in a pigsty.

I am also tired of being the only one who seems to care.

Unfortunately that is the current state of things around here and I seem to be able to do little to change it. So instead of beating my head against that particular wall again, I decided that I was just going to have to suck it up. So far yesterday I did three loads of laundry from start to finish and folded all the other laundry that had been sitting around in baskets. I also cleared the kitchen table completely. Finally I spent some time out in the garden pulling out the irrigation system in order to get ready for the planting season that soon will be upon us. Today I worked on my entryway. I cleared the bench we have there, picked up all the shoes, swept and mopped the floor and washed all the dirty fingerprints from the door.

It is time that my house became a healthy, clean home again. Obviously I am the only one who cares so I will have to do the work. I am proud of the start I have gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment