Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Portrait Photography

I enjoy reading Pioneer Woman's blog. In particular I enjoy her photography and cooking blogs.

Occasionally Ree or one of her contributing bloggers issues a photography challenge. She has a Flickr group set up for all her readers to contribute their selections. You can check it out here. I enjoy seeing what others contribute.

This week's assignment is to find your favorite portrait. I am by no means a professional photographer but I will claim some pretty cute subjects so I decided to go through my photos and pick a few to feature here. I have not decided if I am going to contribute to the flickr group or not.

Here are some of my favorite portrait photos:
My oldest girl and a friend's puppy. I just love the softness of her face.

My second girl with her rocket. She spent all day with Daddy working on it and then firing it off.

My boy's eyes. They are so expressive.

My friend and her new husband during their first dance. The sun was just right and that smile. Oh my!

My grandmother. While not the most technically correct portrait, I love this one because it is the last one in which grandma looks really healthy. It was taken just months before she passed away at nearly 96.


DH and I. A self-portrait utilizing my timer and tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment