Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Something new

I am trying something new. I have this box of tomatoes that has been sitting on the table in my kitchen for quite some time now. Normally I make tomato sauce and canned tomatoes for use in all kinds of dishes. I love the freshness of homegrown, home canned tomatoes in the dead of winter. However I finally had to admit to myself that I just was not into it this year. I mean, I have every morning free now days since David is in kindergarten but still the tomatoes are still sitting in their box. If I did not find something else to do with them, they were just going to go to waste. What a shame that would be. So in a desperate attempt to save them from such an awful fate, I have decided to try freezing them. Now the instructions I found online said to freeze them individually and then bag them up. Well, I just do not have the space to do that so I took a chance and stuck them into big gallon sized Ziplock bag and tossed them in the freezer tonight. Well, part of them anyway. I ran out of bags so I have to run to the store to get more tomorrow. I am just hoping this works as well as the testimonies claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment