Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blog Challenge #9: Good Things

I have to get in the rhythm of doing these challenges as soon as they are posted so I quit missing them. This week the challenge is posted by Melissa in Waco.

This week, my challenge to you is to blog one thing, each day, that has brought a smile to your face. Could be something as simple as the first bloom of spring, a silly comment from a child, or a blessing you've received. As I read through the prayer requests on ScrapShare, many of us are facing what seem to be insurmountable odds. I've had a hard time recently focusing on the joys in my life and have been letting our problems bring me down. I'm not suggesting we ignore issues; rather, let's find a piece of joy in each day.

Since this is a daily challenge there will be a number of posts to the blog this week. I agree with Melissa that we all tend to be focusing on the problems and negatives in our lives right now. I certainly am. The negatives would take volumes to document right now but the goal is to focus on the positive.

So my positive for the day is the fact that Matt and I had a nice morning together before he left for his business trip, the 4-H meeting went well and the kids did really well getting along with each other and me. Another positive is that I had a really good talk with my friend. I like it when that happens.

See ya tomorrow for more positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment