Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sketch #2 - Daffodil Delight

I have spent a few hours going back and forth with this layout. I finally have it as I like it.

The journaling reads:
One of my very favorite flowers is the daffodil. I love the many color combinations but my absolute favorite is the bright yellow King Alfred daffodils. My grandfather raised King Alfred daffodil bulbs on his farm in Warrenton, Oregon. It would seem that the love of these flowers was passed down to me from him. It just says spring to me when the daffodils start to bloom. Spring flowers are a sign that the rainy, dreary, cold, gray winter is beginning to succumb to the warm sun of spring. On a bright, beautiful early spring day in March I got out with my camera and captured the gorgeous yellow color of these spring icons.

Credits:
Digital layout created in PSE 6.
Sketch by Jayne Jones - Sketch #2 in Sketchapalooza 3.
Green background paper is from Kristine Pocock's Wenchd Graffix, Fall Splendor Kit.
Orange paper is from Jan Hosford's Woodland Song kit.
Clips are from Beth Kern's Simply Love kit.
Bling circle frame is from Boutique Cute Dolls Dreaming Sampler kit.
The daffodil paper was created by from my own photo and the green background paper by Kristine Pocock.

No comments:

Post a Comment