Thursday, November 27, 2008

Blog Challenge: Gratitude Day 25

On this day that is set aside for us all to give thanks for the blessings in our lives I am full of gratitude for so many things. First and foremost is that all my family is healthy save age-related issues. Our family has suffered the loss of several elder members this year so it makes me all the more thankful and grateful for the good health of the remaining members.


I am also grateful for the laughter and lighthearted moments that we share. Thanksgiving day is a day of play. My family enjoys tuning the TV to a football game and getting out the cards or board games to pass the time while the turkey cooks. We have a lot of fun laughing and playing together.

I am also grateful that my daughters enjoy helping with the components of the day. Emily loves to arrange flowers so her job is to make the centerpiece. Jessie is learning to cook and bake so she helps with a number of aspects of the meal. She will help with whatever we ask her to do.

Finally, I am grateful that my parents were willing to open their home to host my inlaws at our holiday meal this year. It is so difficult to split holidays and figure out who is going to host what so this is the best of all worlds.

May your holiday be blessed, happy and healthy.

Until tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment