Saturday, November 8, 2008

Blog Challenge: Gratitude Day 6

Today I am grateful for my mother-in-law. I am grateful that she is a wonderful grandmother to my children. I am grateful that she helps fill in the gaps for Matt and I by making sure these children get a bit of culture in their lives.
Today the girls left to go visit Grandma and Grandpa for the weekend. Grandma and Grandpa are taking the girls to a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert tomorrow and then bringing them home again. I am grateful that my mother-in-law wants to do things like this with my children. I am grateful that she has the time and resources to do these things with my children. I am grateful that my children have her in their lives. My mother-in-law is not perfect by any means and she can annoy the heck out of me at times but all in all she is a huge asset to our family. She did an admirable job raising three children (at least Matt turned out pretty good, his brother and sister have their issues LOL). She is smart and fun and truly enjoys spending time with all of her grandchildren. While I would not say we are particularly close, I am grateful that she is in our lives, in good health and happy to be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment