Sunday, November 9, 2008

Blog Challenge: Gratitude Day 7

Today I am grateful for all the digital designers out there that give of themselves so freely. Most of my digital supplies are freebies that I have picked up because of these designers and their generosity. As with paper scrapbooking, digital scrapbooking can suck up a lot of money quickly if you let it. If it were not for the generosity of these designers, I would not have been able to get into digital scrapbooking nearly as quickly as I have. DH and I are working hard to pay down our debt so there is simply not a lot of extra money to pay for lots of scrapbooking supplies, paper or digital, so these designers have enabled me to continue to preserve my family's memories and stay within our budget as well.

These are the layouts I have done over the last few days for the sketchapalooza II class I am taking over at Feeling Scrappy.

This is my rendition of sketch #4. The inspiration for this layout was my kids. I have never worked with a round sketch before and this one was a challenge that I enjoyed.

Credits: Sketch by Stacy Lokovic
Papers, heart elements and buttons by Michelle Bennett in her Stupid Cupid kit.
Rickrack element by Britteny of Britt-ish Designs in her Sunshine Sweets mini-kit.
Font: ReservoirGrunge.



This is my version of sketch #6. Carving pumpkins is a tradition for Halloween. That is another thing to be grateful for with digital scrapbooking, I can take pictures and the very next day scrap them. With paper the delay is much longer particularly since I have not made a paper layout since February.





Credits: Sketch by Amy Bell.
Background papers:
Orange paper from MimiLou's Kit Acidule'
Brown paper is a black paper from Emily Giovani's Essential Black kit with the orange over top and blended with the blending mode soft light.
Title created with font Showcard Gothic and cutting letters from a paper by Moon Scraps given as a freebie in the recent Scrap Orchard/Sunshine Studio Halloween blog train.
Button elements and Word Art by Gingerscraps in her Jackolantern kit.

This is my take on sketch #7.

Credits: Sketch by Stacey Lokovic.
Papers by Pamela Gibson.
Frame action by PSE Frank
Font is akaFrivolity(OT1)

This is sketch #8.

Credits: Sketch by Jayne Jones
Blue background paper from Flergs
Red background paper from Pamela Gibson
White background paper from Flergs
Stars cut from white background paper
Blue rubber band from Blind Sight Designs

I want to thank all of these designers for their generosity.

Until tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment