Friday, November 28, 2008

Blog Challenge: Gratitude Day 26

Today I am grateful for leftovers. As good as the turkey is on Thanksgiving, the leftovers are in some ways even better. I could, and have, eaten stuffing cold right out of the bag or bowl. I love turkey and swiss sammies with cranberry sauce. But my very favorite meal using leftover turkey is Turkey Enchiladas. This meal has become almost as big a tradition in my family as the traditional meal on Thanksgiving. My mom found the recipe in an old recipe book she had and decided to give it a try one year as something different. That had to be when I was about 10 or 11. And we are still using it to this day. Mom makes her own corn tortillas which makes the whole dish even better.

Mmmmmmm......... I can't wait for dinner tonight.

Until tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment