Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blog Challenge: Choose Joy

Choose Joy is the theme of this month's blog challenge.

My first bit of joy came last night when I found out that I was selected to receive the prize from last month's blog challenge. Thanks so much to Sherry for her generosity. I never win things like this so that made it extra special. But the real joy comes from looking back at all those blog posts.

There is an added wrinkle to this month's challenge. Sherry has selected themes for each week and we are supposed to post 3 pictures that fit each week's theme.

  • Week 1 (Dec. 1 - 6) - LOVE
  • Week 2 (Dec. 7 - 13) - RED
  • Week 3 (Dec. 14 - 20) -GLITTER/SHINE
  • Week 4 (Dec. 21 - 27) - FAMILY
  • Week 5 (Dec. 28 - 31) - PEACE
So this week's theme is love. Love and joy go hand in hand. There are many things that bring joy and love to my life. Hmmm, which one to choose.

There are so many....

Today I choose to blog about my loving husband. I love him and he brings me joy.

My husband and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary in July with a trip to the coast. We just spent the day together remembering all the great times we have had over the years. I won't lie and say that every day has been sweetness and light but we are good together most of the time. I love him unconditionally. He is my strength and my light. When things are tough, he will let me rant and rave on and on. He is calm in the face of emotional upheaval. He is also a wonderful father. He loves our kids. He is really good at getting down and playing with them. He will sit and put puzzles together with one and then break out the electric train for the other. He is incredibly patient when he needs to be. He also gets up with the kids every school day and fixes their breakfast, supervises and takes them to school. Some days, like today, I do not even see the girls until they get home from school. For this I am incredibly grateful because frankly they make me nuts in the mornings. He also puts up with and gets along with my family which frankly can be kind of crazy.

I love my husband. He is my love and my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment