Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blog Challenge: Choose Joy

Today I choose to find joy in the fact that I was able to get to town, shop and get home without incident. I avoid driving in nasty, freezing weather as much as I can but today I just had to go. I am so pleased that I made it. The stores were packed as many people prepare for another incoming storm. The forecasters are suggesting that we may get up to 6 inches of snow, or we could get freezing rain, or we could just get rain or we could get a combination of all three. Today the sun glittered and shone on the ice on all the side streets and in all the parking lots. I almost fell more than once. However it is joyful that I got what I needed, people were being polite and friendly rather than getting angry at the long lines and waits and that I got home safely. Assuming school is canceled again tomorrow (after seeing the roads in town I don't see how it won't be), the girls and I are going to bake up a storm while we watch the storm rage outside.

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment