Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blog Challenge: Choose Joy


Okay, finally I can do a post within the theme of red today. Few things say Christmas to me quite like bright red poinsettias. I love them. I usually have two or three or even four of the bright cheerful plants in my house over the holidays. I have even tried to keep them alive to get them to bloom again the next year but that did not work so well. Poinsettias bring a sense of joy in the season to my house. However the down side is that poinsettias are poisonous. We have three rambunctious kittens in the house this year and the little stinkers are into everything including my plants. So this year I decided that rather than taking the chance of the kittens knocking over a poinsettia and eating it, I would get fake flowers to decorate with. I was excited to find a nice selection of colors at my local super store last night. So today DD Emily and I arranged them in the three vases I have been given over the last couple of years. The two little ones are from Arizona, one from my brother and one from parents. Each of them bought these as gifts when they came back from trips there to watch an Oregon State football bowl game. The third is my gift from DD Jessie/my mom following their trip to Alaska this summer. It is a joy to be able to use these vases as I will not put water and live flowers in them because I do not want to damage them. So tonight I have the joy of my favorite Christmas flowers to enjoy, secure in the knowledge that these flowers will not hurt the kitties.

Until tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment