Thursday, January 29, 2009

Find Beauty - Day 26

I was going to post a before and after picture of DD today since she got her braces on today but I have not taken the after one yet so I had to come up with something else.

As I sat in my chair this evening trying to come up with an idea to write about tonight when the news came on. There it was, the beauty for the day. A few days ago there was a shooting at an underage nightclub in Portland. It is a very sad situation. Several of the people shot were high school aged exchange students who are living and going to school here for the school year. They are from all over the world. One young lady, a high school sophomore who was looking forward to the opportunity to travel overseas to study next year, lost her life. This appears to be a truly random event. The shooter came around the corner, spotted the crowd and started shooting. He eventually turned the gun on himself. He has since died as well so there are no answers to the obvious question forthcoming.

So after reading all this you are wondering, where is the beauty in this story? The beauty is in all the people who came together tonight to give and share their strength in helping those effected to heal. I can't find the story on the local news website so I can't get all the details but I found the whole thing very touching as I watched it tonight. Even people completely removed from the situation came tonight because they felt it was the right thing to do.

Until tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment