Sunday, January 11, 2009

Find Beauty - Day 8

Today I started taking Christmas down. Yeah I know, what was I thinking leaving it all out so long. Well I love to be able to enjoy my decorations and usually decorate well ahead of the holiday and leave things up until at least the first weekend of January. This year life conspired against me and the decorations did not get put out until December 23rd. However, it is now time to put it all away. As I do, I am trying to take a few moments to admire the beauty of each thing I am putting away. Some things were made by my children and others were picked out with love as gifts for us. Still others I have carefully chosen for my family and myself. Often in the frenzy of holiday preparation, I forget to stop for a moment and enjoy the beauty I have created. Today as I started to put things away, I forced myself to take a moment to admire what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment